Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Videos in EFL classroom



    Second language teaching and learning, especially where target language is not widely used, I think can benefit a lot from incorporating videos in their classroom.
       I don’t have much experience in ESL, so I would like to talk about EFL. One of the major difficulties of foreign language teaching, as far as I know, could be to bring language alive in Classroom. Students even though feel the subject pretty important for their rank of a sort in classroom, but they don’t feel the subject to be meaningful in their life. Studying another language without feeling meaningful can be pretty difficult for students to continue to work on it, which is very important to really acquire a language. Videos, with a good design, can shorten the distance between students and the language. With a good story and a several characters students can identify with, the best results could be that students’ emotion will go up and down with the drama of the story and fates of characters. I think that would help a lot in helping students to think and speak in Target language and eventually internalizing the language. 

No comments:

Post a Comment