I
used to download and used an EFL program with more than hundred of episodes, but I have never even thought about finding a useful ESL materials on YouTube. But this time, with
the information I got from the class, I look it up on YouTube, and the result was
pretty amazing.
First of all, the American slang program made by the girl is pretty
interesting. That was engaging and her Chinese translation is also very good,
so it will be a good materials to learn some slang whoever knows Chinese well.
Moreover, I found some other short videos covering wide areas of English that
ranged from grammar, daily English, business English to public speaking. Even
though unlike podcast we can download, the videos on YouTube are more diverse
in terms of contents and style than podcast. As long as we have an Internet connection in a
classroom, using that to facilitate everyday teaching or use them to cater some
students’ distinctive learning style will be a very good idea. Furthermore, I found some other videos teaching
some very practical tips to further improve one’s English. These videos provided some learning strategies specifically in regard
of learning English. So students may have more exposure to different learning strategies than simply
providing by me and in a more interesting way by different kinds of
people with different personalities.
No comments:
Post a Comment