Sunday, November 18, 2012

Hotpotatoes


http://hotpot.uvic.ca/index.php
    The most appealing characteristic of Hotpotato is its convenient. It is simple to view, straightforward to operate and concise in its design. It is nothing more than simple software to create test for its own cause, which help it to be very easy to use.
       On our class, we give it a try together with my partners and I found something very interesting in the process. According to another class I took, it will be best to adapt the multiple choices questions to have it more informative and flexible for test takers. That means even though all the multiple choices questions only have one most appropriate answer, other answers are not entirely wrong and has some elements of the correct answers too. Therefore, with the help of the Hotpotatoes, we can actually make the favorite type of test task of teachers, multiple choices, to be more informative and even more flexible using Horpotatoes. Testing process could actually become a sort of pretty interesting learning experience for students. The instructional potential of the software would be very handy for teachers.
        Moreover, I also checked some example exercises made with Hotpotato on their homepage, they turn out to be very formal, neat and professional. I was really impressed by its quality. The software help our test to be very high in its face validity and students would be very much motivated to have some exercise like that to do in their classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment