Sunday, November 18, 2012

Schoology


     Different from Coursesite and Blackboard in both price and limitations for free products, schoology demonstrates some appealing features for both teachers and students.
   First of all, on its homepage site, we can see a very big Comparison chart showing the extraordinary features of Schoology that none of other Class Management System can compete with. Like all the advertisement tactics, I bet the chart simply shows what the Schoology is good at and avoid mentioning most of other system’s advantages. But still, we can see some apparent difference and what make the schoology different indeed.
     Secondly, even though the Schoology is not that sophisticated as Blackboard and Coursesite, but it actually makes the site attractive to students. The announcement teachers made and response students could do is happening on an interface pretty similar to that of Facebook, which makes it very appealing to many students. I also personally felt it is pretty convenient in respect of this characteristic. Moreover, for people like me who will forget something sometimes, a reminder on the corner of the page will be very helpful, that will tell exactly what I need to do before a due time.
     Although, the maintenances cost for schoology could be much higher than BB and coursite, but I still feel it would be a great course management tool for all the simple tasks that I think are essential for a course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment